Tuesday, April 1, 2014

April newsletter and TROUBLE DON'T LAST ALWAYS.


April lets us know that Spring is finally here. You can see it in the bright pastel colors of fashion, the flowers and the yummy candy overflowing store shelves. I remember the first time my mother and I dyed Easter eggs in our kitchen. We stood side by side dipping hard-boiled eggs into cups filled with the colors of our choice. Then, since I don’t eat eggs, I would look at her and wonder how long it would take she and my dad to consume all that we’d just dyed. Eventually, she made sure that I had the creme filled eggs in my basket. Jelly Beans were her favorite Easter candy, in fact, they were her favorite candy. April is also Sexual Assault Awareness Month. In her book TROUBLE DON’T LAST ALWAYS, she created brave heroine Lilly Crawford, a woman desperate to escape her abusive marriage. Despite the fact that Lily heads toward a new life with only forty-three dollars and thirty-three cents to her name she tries to put her past behind her. When she meets Adam Wakefield, a man whose own past haunts him, she wonders if it’s time to give love a second chance.
http://www.francisray.com

No comments: